Wednesday, May 25, 2011

PANGEA Kidz - JUNGLE ON MY NECK


I first ran into Pangea Kidz during a live performance they had about a month ago at a local night spot. Ever since then, I’ve been a quiet fan of their music. It’s always refreshing to hear a live band with dope production blended with lyrical hip hop lyrics, it really does take the music to another level. Now I really understand why a live band is a must for such acts like Wale and Yelawolf, the level of energy can’t be matched without it, I don’t care who you are. Add that to the fact that their overall stage presence was on point as well and Pangea Kidz is now definitely on my “watch list” for 2010.

Front musician Chris dropped of to me their latest and most popular single titled “Jungle On My Neck”. As he tells it, the popularity of this song is growing tremendously day to day and I can see why. The content is very unique but catchy enough not to alienate the listener into feeling like they can’t enjoy the music without missing the overall message. Simply put, this is one of those songs where you gonna vibe to it first and then figure out what the hell they were talking about later.



Bonus:

No comments:

Post a Comment