Friday, May 20, 2011

Breaking Away Vol. 1 : The Jealous Guys

My first Breaking Away post is on this duo from the Bay Area, known as The Jealous Guys. I’ve been vibing to these cats for the past month or so. They had hit me before about getting put on the blog and I really did not listen to them all the way through. It took me a while to get their vibe, but now I’m on the Jealous Guys train. I like how they’re doing their own thing and keeping it fresh. It’s not the standard Bay Area rap, it’s just classic hip-hop to cruise around too. The Jealous Guys’ choice of production meshes so well with their original verbose word play and I think they have a lot good things to look forward to in the future. The imagery behind their videos is just visually stunning. Also look out for them on our upcoming SummerTime mixtape. So I present to you Jealous Guys


Bonus:

No comments:

Post a Comment